Fancy an adventure? The Via Souterrata du Dévoluy is a unique concept in Europe!
Between via ferrata and caving, discover the Dévoluy massif from a new angle!
Presentation of the via souterrata
- For one hour, explore a secure cave 300m long. Following the lifeline, you will progress through steps, small steps, and cross a monkey bridge and footbridge.
- An exceptional and sporty experience in a karstic environment awaits you for a quest for adventure and sensations!
- Clinging to a lifeline from start to finish, the progression is done in total safety, while respecting the natural environment.
- An educational trail on the theme of geology is proposed along the path leading to the entrance of the chasm. The underground heritage of the Dévoluy will no longer hold any secrets for you!
Open to all! On your own or in a group...
- In the light of the headlamps, in the humidity and at an average temperature of 10 degrees, you will progress on a circuit almost 300m long.
- At the entrance to the chasm and inside, interpretation panels allow you to learn a little more about the geology of the Dévoluy. Enough to mix business with pleasure!
- With the exception of people suffering from claustrophobia, this activity is obviously accessible to everyone.
- The underground via is rated "Quite difficult +" (AD+) due to the underground environment, it is recommended to be supervised by speleologist guides for a first discovery. Regular via ferrata, climbing or caving enthusiasts will be able to go underground in perfect autonomy!
Getting to the via souterrata
- Park in the parking lot at the entrance of the Superdévoluy station. An approach walk of 15 to 20 minutes awaits you. The path is signposted as far as the entrance to the Via Souterrata, where you will find a picnic table and benches. Let's go!
- 1 hour underground adventure for an unforgettable experience!
- The Via Souterrata proposes an itinerary in the heart of the Tune Holes. After a first pit slightly overhanging, the route is essentially made of crossings interspersed with small narrow passages, while crossing a footbridge and a monkey bridge.
- The development of this Via Souterrata is light, do not hesitate to look for and use natural holds in the rock. Playful breaks await you along the route to discover the underground world.
- The temperature underground varies between 8° and 10° C. Provide clothing and gloves that are not likely to be soiled and damaged. Some equipment hire companies offer wetsuits.
- Bring hiking boots or hiking shoes and a small backpack to carry the essentials.
- Preserve the site, its fauna and flora. Don't throw anything in the cavities and don't leave any rubbish.
Recommendations and necessary material
- If you do not master the activity and the use of the equipment, do not venture into this Via Souterrata without being accompanied by a professional.
- Compulsory equipment: headlamp, helmet, double lanyard, safety karabiner, energy absorber, harness.
- Minimum recommended height = 1.40m.
- It is strongly recommended to use an additional belaying device when using lanyards for children (due to their weight too low for the energy absorber).
- On the approach path you will walk near different cavities, be careful, do not deviate from the path (risk of falling).
- Do not go off if there is a risk of thunderstorm.
To accompany you in the via souterrata :
Rental of equipment for the via souterrata :
THE VIA FERRATA OF THE ÉTROITS
The Via ferrata des Etroits has been open since 12/06/2020.
The Via ferrata is horizontal and overlooks the bed of the Souloise. The guides can follow the climbers' progress in full.
- Several routes of varying degrees of difficulty.
- Free access, parking, WC, no approach step.
- Map available in the Tourist Offices.
- Inverted scale at the difficult start
To guide you in the via ferrata :
Rental equipment for the via ferrata :
No matching results, sorry.