The Dévoluy massif is a giant underground gruyère where water flows mainly under our feet and to a lesser extent on the surface. Due to its geology, Le Dévoluy is one of the French massifs most conducive to the practice of speleology.
Speleology will allow you to share a unique moment. In a cave, it is a sporting adventure but also fun that you will discover. The professionals who will supervise you, provide you with the necessary equipment and discuss geology, hydrology, archeology or cave fauna. What is hidden under our feet will no doubt surprise you ...
Do you know it ?
- The Dévoluy massif has around 600 cavities out of the 800 in the Hautes-Alpes department
- How long is the longest cavity in Dévoluy? 7200 m. This is the Baume de France, a network with 3 entrances and 450 meters of elevation. It is located near the Cabane du chourum du Clot (Agnieres en Dévoluy)
- The chourum with the most elevation difference: The Rama-Aiguille deep 982 meters above the Col du Festre
- What is the largest well in the massif? the Martin Well 210 meters deep
- What do you call the intoxication of the depths that can be encountered in caving diving? Narcosis
- The deepest dive: minus 123 meters in the final whistle of the Puits des Bans.
- The temperature in the caves is constant, it corresponds to the annual outdoor temperature. In Dévoluy, it is around 8 degrees.
Your speleology guides :
A unique adventure : La Tune via souterrata
- For 1 hour, explore a secure cave 300m long. By following the lifeline, you will progress using steps, small steps, and will cross a monkey bridge and a footbridge.
- An exceptional and sporting experience in a karst environment awaits you for a quest for adventure and sensations!
- Clinging to a lifeline from start to finish, the progression is done in total safety, while respecting the natural environment.
- An educational course on the theme of geology is offered along the path leading to the entrance of the chasm. The underground heritage of Dévoluy will no longer hold any secrets for you!
For everyone ! With profesionnal or on your own...In the light of the headlamps, in the humidity and at an average temperature of 10 degrees, you will progress on a circuit of almost 300m long.
At the entrance to the abyss as well as inside, interpretation panels allow you to learn a little more about the geology of the Dévoluy. Something to mix business with pleasure!
With the exception of people suffering from claustrophobia, this activity is obviously accessible to everyone.
The via souterrata is rated "fairly difficult +" (AD +) due to the underground environment, it is recommended to be supervised by speleological guides for a first discovery.
The regulars of via ferrata, climbing or caving will be able to evolve underground in perfect autonomy! Preserve the site, its fauna and flora. Do not throw anything into the cavities and do not leave any waste.